- Is there, or will there be, support for
optparsewas deprecated in Python 2.7, we have no plans to support it at present. If you’d still like to use
sphinxcontrib.argdoc, see the Python documentation on upgrading optparse code.
- My main-like function is not named main. Can I use
sphinxcontrib.argdocwithout changing the function name?
- Absolutely. Just set argdoc_main_func to the name of your function
(as a string) in
conf.py. See Processing a main-like function named something other than main for instructions.
- My executable scripts use alternate prefix characters.
sphinxcontrib.argdochandle these? Yes. See Using alternate prefix characters in your ArgumentParser for details.
- Yes. You don’t need to do anything special.
sphinxcontrib.argdocwill find these all by itself.
sphinxcontrib.argdocsupport nested subcommands?
- Yes. See the Examples.